Our photos are taken when we review the restaurant. They are not 'professionally' styled as we want you to see the food as we see it!
If you are looking for a great delta dining experience we have found the spot! Located in Discovery Bay right at the marina so you can boat right up, the Boardwalk Grill is owned and operated by locals Chris and Erica Cookson.
Co-owner and Chef de Cuisine Chris Cookson has developed a five star quality menu that is delicious, affordable and family friendly too! The Boardwalk Grill features indoor and outdoor dining which they’ve enhanced with a soft glassed-in section with heated fire box accents that add warmth and atmosphere to your dining experience. Let’s not forget about the popular bar with flat screens that always have the latest sports or events streaming.
For today’s spotlight we asked Chris to share some of his favorites with us and he raised the bar introducing us to some brand new items.
To start, we were treated to some select appetizers.
• Crab wontons are tough to get right and often the crab is often lost in the process but not here! The filling was plentiful and fresh and the wonton perfectly crisp. These were fantastic!
• Next we sampled the Coconut Shrimp and the Crab Cakes which were decadent and will exceed your expectations.
• The final appetizer we sampled was a new addition to the menu, the Sweet & Sour Thai bites featuring a mouthwatering prawn wrapped in bacon and finished off in a sesame seed Thai bite sauce for dipping. We agreed this one is a party in your mouth!
The Boardwalk Grill has many excellent salads.
Today we enjoyed the Ahi salad which was seared to absolute perfection over arugula & mixed greens, with dried cranberries, slivered almonds, with wonton strips for crunch. The wasabi dressing is one of kind and pairs perfectly with this light and enjoyable salad.
The menu features a wide variety of entrees. We were treated to 2 new entrees and both were crowd pleasers.
• The bacon wrapped filet mignon served over mashed potatoes with a balsamic sauce will certainly please your palate. The Filet was beautifully cooked and paired with tasty- good mashed potatoes. The plating presentation shows off Chris's culinary artistry and resonates his passion for his menu.
• The Chicken Milano featured perfectly cooked chicken breast over bow tie pasta, green onion, mushrooms, sundried tomato and fresh cut basil.
Chris and Erica are wonderful local residents who give a lot back to the community and have clearly worked to make the Boardwalk Grill a fun, flavor-filled experience for locals and visitors alike. In addition to delighting your pallet you will enjoy the fine view of the delta to complete you experience. You will not leave disappointed from this lovely gem!